Y-Strap Stretch: The Y-Strap™ is a decompression tool used to stretch the back to release pressure from the vertebrae along the spine from top to bottom.
It is inspired by manual spine traction techniques in the Y-Axis to help reduce the tension in the vertebrae along the spine.
*Note: Gary uses this device in a slightly different manner than what is depicted in the videos below. When appropriate, this device can apply a nice deep consistent stretch to the spinal column via the head. Keep in mind, that with any bodywork technique, strength and duration can be acclimated to over time, thus providing cumulative positive results. Additionally, when trying any new technique you must be open to the healing process.
*An excellent compliment to any wellness regimen. EMAIL Gary with questions or to schedule an appointment.
1. Dr. Shelly Seidenberg: Chiropractor Reacts to Y-STRAP Adjustment
2. Dr. Scott Gamm: Why Y-Strap adjustments are so effective
3. Dr. Joseph Cipriano: Ultimate Y-Strap Compilation
Benefits: Some benefits from stretching the spine include
- Helps to reverse damage from poor posture
- Helps to reinvigorate sluggish disks
- Helps to relieve pain
- Help to relax the musculature around the spine
- Can help to better sleep
- Can aid in better digestion
- Improves circulation
The following conditions are not advised with use of the Y Strap device:
- Fracture in the Spine
- Spinal Infection (Osteomyelitis, Septic Discitis)
- Internal fixation devices
- Cauda Equina
- Chiari Malformation